Pinterest is the POWER HOUSE for promoting. Just like Google and Yahoo, Pinterest is a search engine where you can actually store what you find for later on. If you are looking for an easy way to drive traffic to your blog or business, Pinterest is the best place.
If you are serious in what you have to offer and share your Pinterest profile needs to reflect that. Here is what you need for your profile.
- Use a quality photo for your profile pic.
- Use KEYWORDS in the profile description.
Become A Professional:
Open up a business account. Access to a business account allows you to view analytics to your site. This also allows you to see what pin is doing good.
Create Power Boards:
If you already have a Pinterest account you know how important having boards are. This is where the pins live. You can create different types of boards that fit within your niche to help drive traffic to your blog. To drive traffic to your blog and to Pinterest you need to update boards.
- Add Title to boards that have Keywords
- Add all your favoriate boards that relate to your niche at the top. You can do this on a laptop by going into account and dragging boards up.
- Create board covers. You can accomplish this by going to edit on board to change cover. You can use any pin for this or you can create your own photo cover and add to board.
- Create a theme and stick with it. Choose your favorite color or your brand colors for each board and try to keep the same colors throughout. 2-3 colors will work. I have to admit not good at this.
- Add board descriptions using KEYWORDS. Just like your profile when people are searching for a topic you want to be searchable and using keywords will get you noticed.
The Power of Pins:
We spend hours and hours pinning to our boards for later reads. A pin is the cherry on top and needs and finding a needle in a hay stack can be difficult. To help people find your pins and your to help your pins be discovered use this tips.
- Use taller pins, they will stand out among smaller pins.
- Stick with a theme, like the boards, you want to stick with a theme. Using PicMonkey or Canva to create quailty pins try to stay with a certain length, style, and of course your color.
- Have high quality photos, again use PicMonkey and Canva.
- Have a description on pin using…….KEYWORDS!!!!!
- Make sure you have Rich Pins.
Now that we have finished creating a powerful Pinterest account to drive traffic to your blog. We now need to discuss how you get people to your boards and pins and I am sure you are wondering how to get rich pins. So first here is how you can get rich pins.
Follow the steps 1, 2, and 3. Last step is to Validate Pin.
There is More:
Once your Pinterest account is set up ready to go there are a few tips to follow that will help you in getting traffic, cause lets face it a decked out profile and boards are not going to do it.
- Pin your heart out. Pin ateast 30-100 pins. I know it is a lot. But with the help of a social media scheduler like Tailwind or Board Booster they can pin them for you.
- Pin other peoples pins, your audience doesn’t want to just see your pins. Add other pins within your niche. Or pins that interest you.
- You do NOT have to get rid of your other boards that don’t pertain to your business or blog. Your audience want to see your other interest as well. If you don’t want to share that is ok too, you can make any board a secert board.
- Add a pin button to your website so others can share.
- Join group boards within your niche or topic. This will allow you to pin your interest and business for others to see. To join a board, some boards give you ways to join, but if not that is ok just find the first photo on top of board (owner of board), comment on a pin they have or email them if one is provided, and ask nicely to join. Make sure you give your name and username.
- Open up your own group board and ask people to join.
Drive Traffic to the Finished Line:
Pinterest is such an easy social media platform and one of the biggest in promoting. I hope you enjoyed these quick tips to help drive traffic to your business or blog. If you have any other tips and would like to share please comment below. Need more help in promoting your blog check out these post. Rock Your Blog with Instagram.
This is so helpful! I want to grow my Pinterest followers, it just doesn’t seem to be happening as quickly as other social media sites. I really appreciate these great tips. Thanks!June 4, 2017 at 10:41 am
Any time, I have actually seen growth since I started doing these steps so I hope they help you.June 4, 2017 at 11:04 am
Very helpful advice… Pinterest when done right can really up traffic but it does take some work. Thanks for sharing! Do you use Tailwind or Boardbooster?June 8, 2017 at 2:23 am
Yes, Pinterest really helps. I use Tailwind as I am able to post on tribes there. So I can post to multiple places at once.June 8, 2017 at 7:09 am
Thank you! I think this has changed my life. I haven’t even thought of using Pintrest to gain more traffic to my blog. I appreciate your well-thought pointers. Thanks so much. DawnJune 11, 2017 at 10:12 am
Your Welcome.June 11, 2017 at 4:46 pm